Monday, December 15, 2008

Why is Nefertiti so important anyway?


Nefertiti and her husband were very important people- they got rid of all Egyptian Gods except for one, the Sun God Ra(they weren't very creative with there names were they?). They made him the main God and everyone could only worship him. Well, that didn't work out to well because later, after Akhenaten's death, they all started worshipping the other Gods again! I think I would too! I don't want someone telling me who I can and can't worship! It would seriously make me mad and I would probably start a riot and burn down Egypt(just kidding!).Well, enough with my ranting-back to Nefertiti. So, when Akhenaten died, Nefertiti disappeared from all records. There are many theory's to where she went but here are the (i think) most possible theory's:
1.) She died- she loved Akhenaten SO much that she died of heartbreak(bleh!)
2.) She changed her name to Smenkhkara and ruled over Egypt for a while
Smenkhkara was thought to be a male, but maybe it really was Nefertiti! Anyway, whichever way you go, you got to admit-Nefertiti was really important to Egypt!

No comments:

Post a Comment